There are many reasons why the Wi-Fi connection on your Android device may be slow. Maybe someone uses it without your permission. In this article, we will show you How to find out who is sitting through my WiFi and how to prevent them from accessing the Internet.
How to find out who is sitting through my WiFi
If one of the devices connected to your network is unfamiliar or seems suspicious, you can block it forever. Fing shows the MAC address of each device connected to the network (which will have the following format and consists of numbers and letters: ‘xx: xx: xx: xx: xx: xx’). Record this number.
- Make sure you are connected to the Wi-Fi network that you want to control.
- Next, download the Fing Network Tools monitoring network application from the link below.
- After you have downloaded the application, open it and you will see the name of your network on the main screen, along with the Refresh and Settings buttons.
- Click Refresh to see all devices connected to the Wi-Fi network. And also in the list of devices, your phone or Wow Name generator computer will be displayed.
- Select a device on the network that you actually want to block.
- Select a device from the list and copy its MAC address to block access to the Internet.
Deny internet access
This method works if you have access to the settings of the router. Well, this is not a problem if this is your Wifi network.
- On the computer that is connected to the router, enter the IP of the router in the browser.
- Then on the next page enter your registration data.
- After entering the settings of your router, you need to find security options (can be located in the Advanced Settings category)
- In Security , click MAC Filtering , then Add Device
- Enter the MAC address of the device that you want to ban in the MAC area, give it a name, if possible, then click the Apply button .
Deny access to the Internet using WifiKill
You can’t get the WiFiKill application from Play Market, but you can easily find it on the Internet. Well, this method is only suitable for those who have Root rights on their device. Therefore, if you do not have Root rights, then use the previous method.
- Open the WiFiKill app.
- Press the Start button and wait until the list of connected devices is updated
- Select the device you want to block and click on the bottom two buttons Grab and Kill.
After these steps, access to the Internet will be blocked. Be careful that access will be blocked only when the WiFiKill application is launched on your Android device.
In this article, you learned how to find out who is sitting through my WiFi and how to restrict access to the Internet for users who use your Internet without your knowledge. You can definitely change the password, which will be much easier and safer, but if you are not looking for easy ways, then this article is for you. And also write in the comments how you solved this problem and do not forget to share the article on social networks.