Brands, businesses, and marketing experts all over the world must understand the difference between Gen Z and millennial marketing to target and reach out to these different demographics in the best possible manner. TikTok agency experts have spent a lot of time on Gen Z research and insights, all of which have resulted in a solid understanding of the fundamental difference in the mindsets of Gen Z and millennials. Millennials are born between 1981 and 1995, which means most of the customers are between 24 and 38.They have the money to spend on products and services. Here we will find the answer to Gen Z vs. Millennials: How to Market to Different Demographics?
Another upcoming group of customers is Gen Z and these users right now are the ones who are between 16 and 24. The challenges faced by marketing companies in targeting these two unique set of groups is quite astonishing. To target each of these sets in the best fashion possible, you need a solid understanding of their preferences, interests, and expectations. Finding differences between them is a great starting point for Generation Z brands, companies, and marketing experts, as this helps you understand how to market to these demographics.
Millennials and Gen Z customers do crossover and you can find a lot of millennials develop content as marketing professionals to attract Gen Z. Generation Z are new kids and they seem to have more sensitivity and attention to detail on ethical and environmental issues than millennials. What this means is that Gen Z is going to look out for products that come with a strong social purpose in Gen Z Advertising. The way the product is developed and what difference it can make to the environment is a major factor for this group. Here are some aspects that answer the question, Gen Z vs. Millennials: How to Market to Different Demographics?
- Influencers – Millennials do not consider themselves as influencers and instead focus their attention on celebrities who they deem to be influencers. Gen Z on the other hand looks for real-life influencers. Influencers with huge Instagram followers and YouTubers are considered authentic by this generation.
- Social media – Millennials tend to spend a lot of time on Facebook whereas Gen Z has an account on the platform but doesn’t seem to be as active. Both GenZ and millennials love Instagram. Twitter is preferred more by millennials. Snapchat is used by Gen Z more than millennials. TikTok is emerging and has a fair share of Gen Z and millennials, making it the perfect platform for TikTok marketing for business.
From a marketing executive point of view, it is very important to understand the difference because only then can one develop a proper action plan targeting this set of customers. To target Gen Z and millennials to the point, Gen Z brands need to have a solid understanding of these factors:
- Message – The marketing message you are going to send out should be able to reach out to the specific group precisely. For example, Gen Z is found to have a strong opinion on environmental and ethical issues more than millennials. Understand this and develop a marketing video targeting your customers. Even while developing the video, make sure to stick to your guns and not alter your business ideology. The purpose of your brand and the message you are going to send via video should be ethical and environmentally responsible.
- Social responsibility – Make sure to develop content that can be shared across millennials and Gen Z worldwide and allow these customers to put their spin on it or replicate and improvise on the existing content.
- Visual content – Businesses need to develop videos regularly in order to stay connected with their potential customers. Videos can be simple so that they can be shared or related to by both Gen Z and millennials.
- Purpose of the content – The visual content should also be able to send a solid message to Gen Z who is known to look for a strong social message which they can relate to, share, and communicate to the world in the future. Brand video content with a strong purpose will go a long way.